Apr 13, 2011

Mother


I always get a little more excited when Wednesdays roll around. It’s the day Averi and I get to go hang out with the coolest women I know, my mom (aka grandma). From the moment we pull in you could hear the barks and excitement from both Ruby and Chloe; our favorite furry loves. A welcome truly fit for queens!  Its not long before coats are off and Averi is off running with Ruby as me and my mother do something we do best, talk. About everything and anything that comes to mind. I don’t honestly think there is a quiet moment when we’re together and it’s a wonderful thing.

Today we adventured to our favorite place to wander on a gloomy day, The Christmas Tree Store. It’s like a refined dollar store, full of trinkets and things you normally wouldn’t buy but when you see its only like $1.99…well its hard to resist! They quiet literally have everything and are always adding more.
So we go up and down every isle like old women, touching and looking. Averi always finds things she insists on needing. I can’t blame her since I never leave that place empty handed either. We once again spent a good hour there, leaving with the usual cart full of random items.

I’m amazed on how fast the day always passes with this wonder women I call mom. But it always feels like leaving a best friend when its time to go. We missed out hanging with grandpa, as he was away doing work-related business that evening. But the great thing about that is there is always next week. Where there is plenty of furry love to go around and the chatter never stops.....

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”Washington Irving

0 comments: